Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Appreciate the invite...


...to join this strong group of writers, thinkers, sharers (is that a word?).

I'm Dana, a name that's pronounced differently (Dah-nuh) than every other Dana (Day-nuh) out there. Which is not always a bad thing.

My last name, Graves, is easy, you'd think, but hard to get across sometimes, even spelling it out. That V just rhymes with too many letters. So I tend to say "Graves, like in a graveyard, ya know?" to people. The ones who laugh are good.

I have 3 degrees. I'm thinking about getting another, a master's in library science. My law degree has been very good for thinking skills -- & arguing, such fun! -- but practicing law, not so much. I liked law school way more than actual law firms.

I'm a news junkie, political activist, collector of cool stuff, & read way too many non-mind-improving novels. Oh. Well. Can't be too smart.....

The photo is me at 3 in a classic 1950's neighborhood. Think the black eye was a harbinger of things to come?

5 comments:

Creatrix (aka Jennifer) said...

Welcome Dana! I vote sharers as an official EWAG word. :) Such a great pic. I dig that outfit!

dawn said...

Yep, I'm a sharer. Language is flexible and changeable...and we're a powerful crew. It's a word if we say it is. ;)

Love the photo, and welcome!

Dana said...

Appreciate the personal welcome & word welcome too. It's very nice to be here...

Blue said...

Hi There... Nice to see a familiar face from flickr!

Whoa that was almost a tongue-twister

Welcome :)

feminine expressions said...

from one new sharer to another, welcome! i love being a new part of this beautiful group.

oh, and i admire and envy your academic accomplishments. congratulations...