Tuesday, April 19, 2005

goddess gifts


If we were all gathered together at this moment, I would pass this plate among us.

"Take a shell," I'd offer, "Gift yourself."

Some of you might be hesitant and protest, "But, these are precious. I can see that these shells are from distant lands and carry memories. You are too gracious. I cannot take something of such value."

My reply would be gentle, "Dearest sister, these small tokens have little value compared to the gifts you give me and others. It is through your kindness, your acceptance, that the great gifts are given."

I hope then your hand would be willing to reach for that small shell...

*Please, take a moment and gift yourself today. Tell yourself how valued you are.*

6 comments:

Atomic Bombshell said...

That's a beautiful photo.
I collect seashells. :)

Blue said...

Thanks Jennifer, what a nice thing to read with my morning coffee :)

Now I have a happy, warm glow to start my day with

*hugs*

Meg said...

I too am reading this over morning coffee and can't wait to go out and start my day. Thank you!

Blue said...

Hey Another Meg!

I saw Meg and coffee and thought what the heck?!?! How did I comment twice, lol... welcome Meg from blue(meg)

Rori said...

My eyes are bad. I thought the goddess rock said Cockless.

O_o

weirdpixie said...

I love shells too, and if offered anything from that lovely plate of goodies my eye of course goes right to that neat little compass. Always good to know which direction you are facing ;)