Friday, March 25, 2005

unbeautiful = beautiful


Today, I wrote: "I have worked hard to come to this place. The place where I can choose to reach into my darkness and embrace it, instead of hide it away. Sometimes I do not like to stay there long because what I find frightens me terribly...my dark beauty. Yesterday, I stayed long and took pictures."

My self portrait journey has inspired me to share some moments when I have felt unbeautiful and what it has taught me. Now I ask...When have you felt unbeautiful? and how has it shown your hidden beauty?

3 comments:

dawn said...

You are beautiful.

It seems from your list that most of the times you've felt unbeautiful were very vulnerable, out-of-control situations. Interesting. That holds true for several situations on my list, too:

-when my husband left without an explanation. (unbeautiful for over a year)

-gaining the undeserved reputation of a slut all through high school.

There are a couple more, but I'm not quite as brave as you yet. But I am ready to be beautiful all the time.

Rori said...

I have not yet had a time where I am able to transcend to feeling beautiful.

Blue said...

Powerful and tough stuff Creatrix... good for you for being willing to go through it, let alone share it with us ;)

I'm with Rori… I get brief flashes of beauty... but hey people say it to me and I'm going to say it to Rori "Keep coming back"